Saturday, January 4, 2014

Week 32: Becoming a Mommy

Dear Baby,
The reality of becoming a mommy – your mommy – is getting more and more real.  I’m a mix of emotions about it.  Some moments I can’t wait for you to get here!  I count the weeks we have left in my mind, ponder your due date, and think about whether you’ll make your appearance early or late.  Other moments I start making lists of everything I need to do before your arrival.  Sometimes I question whether I have what it takes; the knowledge, patience, and stamina to be a mom.


Lately I’m finding it difficult to plan my parenting goals or picture my ideal parenting lifestyle.  There seems to be so much information to sift through.  I want to know it all!  I want to do what’s best for you.  But, if I think too much I become overwhelmed with the pressure of advertisements for new or convenient baby products, advice from other parents, and warnings about being cautious in regards to health and safety hazards.  This is where I need to remind myself of my own self-confidence.  I will approach parenting just as I do many other things in life.  I will approach it with an open mind and heart.  I will have to trust my own instincts and “Duchrow with it!”  Thanks in advance for letting me practice with you.

Today was an exciting day – your cousin Mary was born!
Here's some photos of all that we've been up to lately!
The Big Easy at Christmas Time

Bridesmaids on Jane's Wedding Day!
Our friends, Emma and Max, are curious to see your hair color since we figure all our children's hair will be about the same.  It's science, right?
The after wedding party continues at Pat O'Brien's
Your first souvenir
Mom was practicing with the car seat
More practice... you'll definitely be cozy!
Christmas Eve
Rotary Lights in downtown La Crosse with your cousin Ryan

Bridesmaids on Nikki's NYE Wedding Day!
Wigs & Wiggles - Jane's Burbon Street bachelorette party!

No comments:

Post a Comment