Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Week 17: Moooving Right Along


Dear Baby,
Mom’s belly is growing in more noticeable ways to make room for you.  This physical change is something I’ve obviously been anticipating.  I am excited it’s finally happening!  It sure is neat to witness your presence.  I am also having fun sharing these changes with friends and family.

The changes haven’t hindered my daily movements too much yet.  Although, when I sit a certain way for too long or my pants are too tight I feel uncomfortable.  I’m recognizing that it will soon get difficult to fold myself into various positions that I find comfortable.  The bright side of things – you’re reminding me to have good posture.

I’ve been told what some of your first movements, or quickening, might feel like.  Some describe it as bubbles, tickles, or butterflies.  I can’t say with certainty that I’ve felt you move, but I’ve felt something and so I assume it’s you. For me it’s felt the most like tickles or loosing your stomach.  Similar feelings to riding a roller coaster. I’m looking forward to the weeks to come where I’ll be able to distinguish your movements more clearly.  I’m also eager to share this experience with Dad.

Grandma Liz, your aunt Lizzie and I had some fun shopping for you this weekend.  I’ve mentioned previously that we are leaning towards using cloth to diaper you.  I’ve also said that there are so many options about there.  I’ve been diligent in my online research about products and methods that others use. Still, before I committed I wanted to get my hands on some of the products.  (This is a big commitment and I want to make sure I fully understand what I’m committing to.)  Grandma, Lizzie and I went to a store in the Twin Cities to ask more questions and get some hands-on experience with what will eventually become routine to Mom and Dad.  Grandma gifted us with a few variations of diapers so we can start learning what might mesh well with our schedule and laundry routine.  The newborn diapers are teeny!  Needless to say, I was very excited to show your dad!

We’re still looking for a new home.  Dad is online daily looking at options.  We’re scheduling showings and attending open houses.  Still, the search continues.

Tonight we went for a nice family run.  It was good to get some exercise in the cool, fall weather.  I hope you felt secure bouncing in Mom’s belly.  We sure felt good after the run!

Our first stash of cloth diapers.  Still lots to learn, but we're off to a really good start.  Thanks, Grandma Liz!

Week 17


1 comment:

  1. look at you, kristen! SO ADORABLE!! derrick and i are so happy for you and dave. your babe is already blessed with two wonderful parents to guide him/her through life. much love to the three of you! xx

    ReplyDelete