Saturday, January 11, 2014

Week 33: A System of Support

Dear Baby,
Life is back to routine and I am a happy camper.  While all my travels were fun, I was ready to slow down and get back to a routine. 

This week I am regaining confidence in giving birth to you.  My most recent prenatal check-up was very positive.  I was able to enjoy a comfortable visit with our midwife and share good conversation about some questions I’d been pondering.  In addition to having had an extremely positive pregnancy and prenatal experience, I have been reading a few books, talking with other moms, and trusting my personal strength.  I am having fun imagining how your birthday will play out.  I know it will be an experience I remember for my lifetime. 

Dad has been getting quite excited for your birth, too.  It’s intriguing for this Momma to imagine how different a father’s “pregnancy” experience is from a mother’s.  Dads-to-be must learn and adapt to many new scenarios, too.  You are a very lucky little munchkin to have such a caring and involved Daddy.

It’s crazy to think that we’re getting close to meeting each other.  Our nurse suspects that you’ll probably be a wee little thing.  This is a just her guess based on the size of Mom’s belly.  I’m curious to see how little or big of a peanut you actually are.

Today, your Grandma Jo hosted a baby shower for us.  Attending the shower were many wonderful women who have posed as role models throughout my life.  Since I was a little girl these women have taught me much.  It is comforting to know that as I approach motherhood I will continue to have their support.  I can’t wait for you to meet all of them.

Having the encouragement from these women gets me thinking about how important it is to surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you!  I am confident you already have many talents yet to be discovered. Spend time with those who will help you find these talents and support you in reaching your goals and chasing your dreams.

While we wait for your arrival, I will continue to draw on my support system.  Dad and I can’t wait to start life with you!

Your new swing!  Grandma Liz swears by this because Mom was a "baby in motion!"
For your listening pleasure while Mom is working :)
Your bedside crib.  We are slowing getting ready for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment