Friday, October 4, 2013

Week 19: Picture Perfect!


Dear Baby,
We can see you!  We had our first ultrasound appointment and were able to see amazing pictures of your little body!  Our nurse tells us that you’re about 6-7 inches long and weigh less than one  pound. If we could hold you right now you’d only fill the palm of our hand. You’re so tiny; yet you possess has all the intricacies of the human body.  We saw your heart, stomach, bladder and brain.  We saw you moving your arms and legs.  We even saw your mouth move as you drank the fluid surrounding you within your small, compact world. All your measurements were normal which reassures Mom and Dad that you’re staying healthy!

We know it’s way too early to predict your personality, but you were being stubborn.  To get good measurement photos Mom had to roll from her laying on her back to her side.  Then, back to her back and the other side.  We did this a few times.  At one point we positioned the bed so Mom’s feet were higher than her head.  This caused you to move, but then you hid your face.  Our appointment was early in the morning.  Were you were still waking up or just a little camera shy?

This is the appointment we could have determined your gender, but we didn’t want to find out.  At one point, Dad asked the ultrasound technician if she knew your gender.  She did.  Still, we didn’t want to know.  We’re enjoying the guesses that family and friends are making.  Mom and Dad don’t really have a feeling one way or another.  Boy or girl we love you just the same!

Mom enrolled in a prenatal yoga course.  Classes began this week.  Such a good feeling to get back into a yoga studio!  I’ve missed my hot yoga practice since learning I was pregnant.  I’m really looking forward to stretching my body and connecting with other moms-to-be!
Baby's foot
Baby's 4-chamber heart 
Baby's spine

Baby's profile (laying on back looking up)


2 comments:

  1. The pictures are amazing! I'm so happy for you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Kristen! Congratulations! I did this same exact thing while I was pregnant (www.peanutsmiles.wordpress.com) and I really treasure being able to go back and remember all of the little details I experienced while I was pregnant, and even the first couple months of life. Congrats and enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete