Thursday, August 22, 2013

Week 13: Out of the Old, Into the “New”

Dear Baby,
It’s moving week! I don’t have much time to write this week because Mom and Dad have been busy. We are packing up our entire house into cardboard boxes. The whole process is bittersweet. It’s exciting to dream ahead into our future and think about all the adventure that awaits us, but it is also sad knowing that a chapter of our lives is ending.

We have so many wonderful memories at our first, blue house in La Crosse. It’s the place that will forever make Mom’s heart go pitter-patter because it drums up memories of meeting, dating and falling in love with Dad. I can recall the times we spent being goofy together in that home. I know the exact spot we shared our first kiss on the living room couch after finishing a movie. As small as the bathroom was, I’ll miss crowding around the pedestal sink and taking turns to spit while brushing our teeth. I remember enjoying yard work together or cleaning on a lazy weekend. Your dad took so much pride in keeping that home looking nice! It seems we could make any mundane task fun inside that home. I hope that making chores fun is a trend that continues as our family grows.

I could go on for quite a while with memories in that house. But, I’m slowing turning into a sobbing mess as I write them. I should really be getting back to packing up the kitchen… One quick thing I want to note from this week. Mom and Dad had quite the feat. We rode our bikes all the way from the old house to the “new” house. That’s the Southside of La Crosse to Onalaska. Uffda! I say “new” because it’s our temporary home until we find the new house we’d like to purchase. For now, we’re renting and life is good.

Know we love you, little one.

Out of the OLD: Our final meal at our old house
Week 13

Into the NEW: Your first gift!  Adorable burp rags, comfy sleep 'n plays, and the tiniest little mittens so you don't scratch yourself!
Thanks to Mom's co-worker for the thoughtful present!

No comments:

Post a Comment