Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Week 30: Show Off!


Dear Baby,
Well, even though I find myself in week 30 of pregnancy, and didn’t write you a letter during week 29, I don’t feel like I’ve “missed out.”  I just don’t have a letter to prove it.  I’ve had a little bit of writer’s block and feel like I don’t have anything astounding, interesting or knowledgeable to share with you.  Still, I’ve been fully involved in things happening around me.  In a busy holiday spirit I’ve baked cookies, designed and sent Christmas cards, shopped for presents, wrapped gifts, and enjoyed time with friends.

As I write this note to you Dad is in the basement working on organizing our belongings.  It’s a task he’s been diligently tending to for a good week now.  Once we have enough space cleared in the basement I’ll begin the project of refinishing furniture for your nursery.  I’m looking forward to it! 

This past weekend our final appliance was delivered! We now have a refrigerator!!!  Very exciting!  I also took some time this weekend to install our new blinds.  Dad and I were sharing a conversation the other night about how we feel blessed the way everything worked out.  The fact that our house is slowly being pieced together gives us time to fully appreciate every new detail.

Mom had a prenatal check-up appointment today.  Our midwife didn’t need to ask if I was feeling you move because she could see you.  You were being a little show-off as she checked your heart rate and measured Mom’s belly.  As you squirmed your heart rate fluctuated between fast and slow.  Guess you’re getting your exercise in!  Seems like your new favorite position is to push your tiny tush into the right side of Mom’s ribs and wiggle your toes on the left side of my belly.  You continue to grow in size and Mom's belly is proof of this.  You weigh nearly 3 pounds now and are roughly 15.7 inches long.  Incredible!  

This week you get to tagalong on a special trip!  We’re headed to New Orleans, Louisiana.  Mom is in wedding for her good girlfriend Jane.  Dad, Grandma Liz, and Uncle Mike are coming, too!

Week 30

No comments:

Post a Comment