Monday, October 28, 2013

Week 22: Wiggles and Water Parks

Dear Baby,
I felt you for the first time this week!  While lying awake in bed early one morning I felt a tickle in my belly that came with a little more oomph than what I’m accustomed to.  The tickles kept coming on a pretty consistent basis.  I reached to touch my tummy where I felt you moving.  When I did so I pressed against something quite hard; much more firm than what I’d felt any other time when I touched my stomach.  You pushed back and then squirmed past my hand.  I’m not sure what part of your body bushed past my fingers, but it sure felt cool! The information I read says you’re about 11 inches long and weigh just about one pound. For the small amount my belly has grown, it’s very reassuring to know that you have room to wiggle in my womb.

This weekend we traveled to the Wisconsin Dells with Dad’s side of the family.  We stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge.  Family threw us a fabulous baby shower!  We played fun party games, shared good conversation, ate yummy food, and went swimming!  Our family gifted us with many items that will come is very handy once you arrive!  You also got some darn cute clothes.  Mom and Dad definitely felt loved!

You haven’t moved a whole lot since the one encounter this week, but nurses say that’s common right now because you still have room to move quite a bit without affecting Mom. Enjoy your stretching and kicking now – your world is only going to get more cramped as you continue to grow.  I’m looking forward to feeling, and even seeing you move as my pregnancy continues.

Week 22
Playing in the hallway with your cousin Ryan
Adorable shower decorations made by Aunt Stacey
Playing Jenga at Earl's in downtown La Crosse


No comments:

Post a Comment