Saturday, March 1, 2014

Week 41: A March Baby!


Dear Baby,
You’re officially a March baby – our little lucky charm!  This week posed some challenges for Mom.  For most of the week I felt comfortable physically but I have experienced some hip pain from you settling lower into my pelvis.   Mentally and emotionally, I had some ups and downs.  Let’s just say I’m ready to meet you.  I remind myself often that as soon as I see your adorable little face it will all be worth it!

At our weekly prenatal appointment you still seem to be healthy and happy, so our wait continues...  Your heart rate is still good and fluctuates when stimulated.  Mostly, this means when the nurse touches Mom’s belly in different spots your heart rate changes.  Supposedly this is a good thing.  Mom’s blood pressure and health are still fine, too.

If you don’t make your debut we have some extra appointments and tests scheduled to make sure we both stay healthy.  These tests include non-stress tests and an ultrasound to check fluids.

Lately, I’ve been thinking about what day you’ll arrive.  I’m curious when we’ll celebrate your golden birthday and if you’ll be old enough to remember.  I’ve also looked up some interesting facts about the upcoming dates.  Here’s what I’ve found.

If you’re born on…
March 2 – you’ll share a birthday with Dr. Seuss
March 3 – congress passed its first tax law (1791) and the Star Spangled Banner became the national anthem of the United States (1931)
March 4 – Abe Lincoln sworn in as president (1861).  FDR was also sworn in as president (1933).  You’d be a Mardi Gras baby this year!
March 5 – the Hula-Hoop was patented (1963)
March 6 – Walter Cronkite signed off CBS for the last time (1981)
March 7 – Alexander Graham Bell patented the telephone (1876)
March 8 – religious instruction in public school was ruled unconstitutional (1948)
March 9 – Barbie doll made her debut (1959)

I’m not going beyond this.  I’m optimistic we won’t have to go this far out.  But, if we do, I know you’ll be worth the wait.
A chocolate cake.  It could have been your birthday cake.  Now, it's just a cake and Dad and I are enjoying it.

We bought a "Pick 6" at the grocery store.  Here's my two that I'm looking forward to enjoying after your arrival.

Our bags are packed for the hospital.  I've double and triple checked them.  I'm sure we'll still end up forgetting something!

No comments:

Post a Comment