Saturday, November 2, 2013

Week 23: Trick or Treat


Dear Baby, 
I’ve noticed you are most active after I drink orange juice and then go sit somewhere quiet for a bit.  Makes me realize just how much sugar is packed into fruit juice.  Consider it your Halloween treat from your mummy!

An exciting milestone is that Dad felt you move for the first time.  It was very faint, but he could tell it was you.  What an incredible thing to be able to share with him!

I have to admit that I’ve been taunting you a little bit this week.  Supposedly your cochlea, or inner ear organ that’s responsible for detecting movement and balance, is now fully developed.  This means you can hear and have a slight sense of what is upright and upside-down.  I imagine this development is partly to blame for your increased activity.  No one likes to be stuck upside down for too long!  The cochlea development also means you can hear sounds.  And even though your eyelids are fused shut, I read that you can detect light.  This is where my taunting has come in.   I’ve been playing music via my iPhone and, along with a flashlight, holding both against my belly.  Consider this your Halloween trick from me!  I probably look ridiculous, but I’m anxious to feel your presence again like I did last week!

Dad and I have picked names we like for you, but we’re not telling! We think this should be a surprise along with your gender.  For now, we still refer to you as baby.

We love you, baby!  Since I forgot to take a belly photo this week, here's a few photos of our family getting into the Halloween spirit!
Cousin Calvin dressed as a bat and helping hand out candy
Grandpa Steve and Grandma Liz dressed as condemints for St. Mark's "Trunk or Treat" event
Aunt Katie on her 26th birthday dressed as jelly, along with her car disguised as a toaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment