Thursday, June 20, 2013

Week 4: It's Official!



Dear Baby,
I took a pregnancy test today.  It’s official – I’m pregnant!  Your dad was at home with me when I decided to take the test before work this morning.  I had taken a test a week before when I suspected I might be pregnant, but that one resulted in a negative response.  After a few more days of missing my period we suspected something might be up.  Your dad and I both were anticipating a positive result this time, but when we saw the two blue lines appear it was still a big blast of reality!  Such excitement to know that we made something so special – you!


Since childhood I’ve always looked forward to becoming a mom.  I’ve prepped and planned trying to learn everything I can about getting pregnant and surviving pregnancy and delivery.  Now, it’s finally here.  I still have lots to learn and I’m a bit surprised at how calm I feel.  I feel healthy, energized and seem relaxed to know you’re growing inside me.  I don’t have anxious feelings about the changes my body is going to encounter.  I’m curious to know how my physical appearance will change as you get bigger.  I think your dad is a little shocked and how quickly this is all happening, but mostly he’s thrilled to know you’re coming in approximately nine months!
At some point I’m sure it will hit me that soon we’ll be responsible for another life.  For now, I’m trying to enjoy the moment and plan some creative excuses I’ll use for saying “no thanks” to friends and family when they offer adult drinks.  I can’t wait to tell everyone about you.  For now though, you’re the best secret your dad and I have ever kept!
Proof that Baby Duchrow is on his/her way!

No comments:

Post a Comment